[self-interest] OOPSLA 2003

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at merlintec.com
Sat Aug 2 01:51:27 UTC 2003

On Friday 01 August 2003 20:00, Brian T Rice wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Aug 2003, Steve Dekorte wrote:
> > Just noticed that Dave is giving what looks like a really
> > interesting talk at OOPSLA 2003:
> > http://oopsla.acm.org/oopsla2003/files/key-4.html

It sure looks like something worth waking up early for :-)

> > Any hope for a protos workshop this year? Everything seems to be
> > about design patterns or Agile programming.  Borrrrrring. :-)
>
> I would organize a BOF if I can manage to make it, but finances are
> really tight right now.

I'll be participating in the demo track, showing two different machines
running Neo Smalltalk (previously Self/R and Merlin OS before that...)
which is prototype based. It would be great to meet other people
interested in Self or prototypes in general.