[self-interest] Re: Trouble running Self/x86

harald at gliebe.de harald at gliebe.de
Wed Apr 16 06:12:01 UTC 2003

Paul,

I'm afraid the cygwin version of Self is currently broken - probably
because of some changes in memory allocation within cygwin.dll (cygwin
1.3.19 is the last version I'v used successfully). Unfortunatly I'm not
able to spend more time on this problem at the moment.

To try out Self you could try to go back 1.3.19 (I'm not sure if you can
still find it).
Alternatively, to try the more stable Linux version without installing
Linux, is to use Knoppix, a bootable CD image with a fully configured
Linux-System:
http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html

Regards,

Harald