[self-interest] blocks and closures

Albertina Lourenci lourenci at lsi.usp.br
Sun Apr 13 18:44:26 UTC 2003

Stephane Ducasse wrote:
Hi Stef!
It is cool to hear from you!!!

> Hi albertina
>
> to drive a car do you read how combustion happen at the molecular level
> or just
> take a driving license?

I don't drive in Brazil because the traffic is chaotic!! I am unable to kill
even an insect!
For example right now I have received a letter from IT from Copenhagen
concerning my PHD application!
There are 97 candidates and they made up their mind to interview people!
How cool! Me a woman a poor Brazilian have to cope with this luxurious
Scandinavian requirement! As far as I know in Scandinavia the laws are
done for the poorest of the system!
Anyhow sustainable development started with the Brundtland Report in 1987!
In Australia 50% of the scholarships are for women! They deserve it! And all
over the world measures are being taken to promote women development!

Since I am an excellent "thermodynamic researcher", I prefer to look things
from a post-quantum viewpoint where in past lives I have been reincarnating
as
a man! Now I am a woman!
And simply ignore I am a woman!! If I want to make the fourth law of
thermodynamics work for me I have to respect the Second Law of
Thermodynamics. I will move the world, run all sorts of risk
and try to go there simply because Anker Helms Jorgensen appreciates
my proposal! And is giving me a chance to do the right thing to be done to
save
Mankind and Mother Earth! While the rest of the community is thinking about
bank accounts and so on! They don't realize that the "green dollars" will
supersede
the "petrodollars"! See the shameful war USA Iraqui due to this hurdle!!!

And the farthest you are from the inorganic soup
the greatest the trend to defeat you as you are doing right now!!!

I would love to pick up a flexible, friendly interactive agile artistic
programming
language and start building sustainable cities right now!!
Why can't I do this? Of course because things are the way
I wrote in previous message!!!

Since obviously the best languages to tune with my intention is
LISP SMALLTALK and so on I cannot continue ignoring it,
I have to build an aspectual collaborative aware architecture!
My domain model is three-layered, the ecodesign model is ready
the geoemtric model is perfect and now I need this collaborative
aware architecture!!! How can I implement it to work with
hundreds of designers and thousands of clients? Where to respect
the client's needs and the competence to express "opinion" of the
designers mimicking natural language demands an implementation
code where we can do these things!!!

Well then Alistair Cockburn and other from the Smalltalk Community
have introduced Agile Software Development!!! Wonderful this does
not work for architecture because we do not build houses with
words, we build with SHAPES!
And then miraculously all computer scientists made their oldfashioned
methodologies Agile!!! See my Third POstdoctorate Scientific Report!
http://www.lsi.usp.br/~lourenci

And the BAbel effect in computer science continues....:-)!

You should understand that architecture is not a scientific reasoning
and does not fit the class concept! It is necessary to introduce another
abstraction mechanism! For example inspired by the notion of species
developed in The Savage Mind by Claude Levi Strauss!
Perhaps I can build this on top of Self or Smalltalk or Squeak !
Or LISP!

> I guess the second, so the paper you are refetring to is not a guide to
> learn Smalltalk this is an article that puts in perspective why
> Smalltalk.
> and Smalltalk comes from Lisp, simula and Logo.

I have already studied Smalltalk to program in Self imagine!!!
How ridiculous!

> Still you can learn in
> this paper the  intention behing it which for a language designer is
> important.

Sure and it is clear for me Alan Kay's intention is a far cry from the
autopoieitic and hermeneutic and semiotic reasoning of my ecodesign model!!!
I want to check if his use of LISP make it more palatable to approach my
aims and how and how much!

> If you want to learn Smalltalk download one of the books available on
> my web page. there is no lisp inside.

I feel Smalltalk is superior to LISP! However my work fits within the
emergent paradigm Aspect Oriented Software development! Here
functions, procedures, objects rules are all being deconstructed!!!
While in my ecodesign model I do not need to deconstruct anything!
It is just aspectual, infinite beautifully built like the infinite!
So like great architects of ancient Indian times, I need to reconstruct
the Universe to make my ideas grow! The outcome is build things
that even five-year-old child can understand!

Special thanks for your comments!

Best wishes
Albertina