[self-interest] inheritance in Self

David Ungar David.Ungar at Sun.COM
Thu Sep 19 04:56:25 UTC 2002

We use the most obvious trick in the world; a bit in the object's header
just for this purpose. Lookup sets the bit when it sees the object, and
clears them all when
it's done. I think the bit may also be used for the collector, so it is
not entirely profligate.

My pleasure, Steve. I enjoyed reading about your own language,

- Dave