[self-interest] Looking for David M. Ungar's Dissertation

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Fri Oct 11 07:30:56 UTC 2002

On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 10:15:27PM +0200, Sven C. Koehler wrote:
> Hello all!
>
> I am looking for David M. Ungar's dissertation on
> "The Design and Evaluation of a High-Performance Smalltalk System."
> Does anyone know where I can obtain it?

Hi!

This was published as a book:

 Ungar, David M.
 The design and evaluation of a high performance smalltalk system / Ungar,
 David M.. - Cambridge, Mass. : MIT Pr., 1987. - 250 S.
 (ACM distinguished dissertation)
 ISBN 0-262-21010-X

(out of print)

There's a copy  here at the local University Library (Karlsruhe), so you
should be able to get it via inter-library loan if everything else fails.

    Marcus

--
Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de  -- Squeak! http://squeakland.org