[self-interest] Re: Problem with 4.1.6 on Jaguar

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at merlintec.com
Wed Oct 9 22:31:15 UTC 2002

On Wednesday 09 October 2002 18:44, Stephane Ducasse wrote:
> Thanks a lot, it works. I'm redownloading everything because when I
> run the demo.snap I got a pane stating that this is 4.1.5 and not
> 4.1.6. So may be I did some strange manipulation this morning.

The "Welcome to Self 4.X.X" text in Demo.snap has often not been updated
for new releases (this sometimes happens in Squeak as well). At least
in the Sparc version it still says "4.1.5", so I doubt that downloading
it again will make a difference for you.

I note that the VM version has been "4.1.10" for quite a while, now :-)

Speaking of the VM, it is impressive that the executable is now 50MB!
That is about 20 times larger than in 4.0. I suppose that most of this
includes debugging symbols that were stripped out of some earlier
versions?

Number for the Sparc VM:

   4.0   ->   2.6MB
   4.1   ->   5.3MB