[BUG] Self 4.1.6 fails to start on OS X 10.2.1

Brian T Rice water at tunes.org
Wed Oct 2 09:27:14 UTC 2002

First of all, I definitely appreciate the work on PICs for the PowerPC. On
downloading and trying to work with the new version of Self, however, the
SelfDroplet produces the following strange output and fails:

water:localhost@~> cd "${SELF_WORKING_DIR}"/objects;
../vm/mac_osx/vm_project/build/Self.app/Contents/MacOS/Self -s
"/Users/water/Self/objects/BareBones.snap"
dyld: ../vm/mac_osx/vm_project/build/Self.app/Contents/MacOS/Self
Undefined symbols:
../vm/mac_osx/vm_project/build/Self.app/Contents/MacOS/Self undefined
reference to _tgetent expected to be defined in /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
../vm/mac_osx/vm_project/build/Self.app/Contents/MacOS/Self undefined
reference to _tgetflag expected to be defined in
/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
../vm/mac_osx/vm_project/build/Self.app/Contents/MacOS/Self undefined
reference to _tgetnum expected to be defined in /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
../vm/mac_osx/vm_project/build/Self.app/Contents/MacOS/Self undefined
reference to _tgetstr expected to be defined in /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
../vm/mac_osx/vm_project/build/Self.app/Contents/MacOS/Self undefined
reference to _tgoto expected to be defined in /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
Trace/BPT trap
water:localhost at Dev/Self/objects>

Can someone reproduce this? The library definitely exists on my system.
Perhaps it's supposed to be using a debugging or profiling library.

Thanks,
~