new release (was: Self hw)

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at merlintec.com
Fri May 3 18:46:48 UTC 2002

On Thursday 02 May 2002 18:32, David Ungar wrote:
> You might try 4.1.5.

Thanks for the new release! I updated the Self swiki
(http://www.merlintec.com:8080/Self) to reflect this.

It might be interesting to make an older version, like 4.1.2, available
as well since that is what somebody with Mac OS 9 or with Solaris 2.6
would need.

Since the bytecodes have changed, I was unable to try the 4.1.2 VM on
the new snapshots (like I did with 4.1.4). I have the CDs to upgrade my
machine to Solaris 2.8, but I haven't done it because I am not sure
Self 4.0 would still work. And I still need to use that version once in
a while to run old stuff. Does anybody know what is the lastest version
of Solaris that can run Self 4.0?