[self-interest] selfUnit files

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at merlintec.com
Thu Jun 27 00:41:12 UTC 2002

On Wednesday 26 June 2002 09:24, Thorsten Dittmar wrote:
> Here the is the first version of unit testing for self.

Thanks for doing this!

> The problem
> with the file out that I reported last times, is still not fixed but
> I have modified the files so that everything is in their right now.

I got the same results you did and wasn't able to trace the problem. The
slots added to the process clone don't seem to get added to the correct
lists when you set their module.

> In the moment I haven't a good idea how I can implement should:
> aBlock raise: aSignal or shouldNot: aBlock raise: aSignal. Right now
> I only differ between errors and failures. A failure occurs when a
> result of a message send is not like you anticipated. An error is
> when the message breaks during its computation. I catch all errors,
> failures and count them.

Wouldn't "process this abort: 'should violation'" get the job done
instead of "raise" given that you are running the code in a separate
process and doing the checking you mentioned?

> PS: The file area of the yahoo group was and is still not accessible
> at least for me. So sending them to the list was the only practical
> way. Sorry for that.

I just changed the upload policy to "moderated" a little while back. I
had expected that this would send a request for approval to me, not
keep you from posting files entirely. This was done because some
spammers figured out that they could get around moderation in Yahoo
groups with open file areas by uploading their spam there, causing a
notice to be sent to all members about the new file.

Perhaps I should change it back? This list is not moderated anyway so
spammers have other options, like the two messages we recently received
here. Those looked like a virus as well as spam, so I deleted them from
the archives so nobody would get infected while browsing them.