[self-interest] selfUnit

Thorsten Dittmar thorsten.dittmar at daedalos.com
Sun Jun 16 08:39:29 UTC 2002

On 6/13/02 11:55 PM, "Jecel Assumpcao Jr" <jecel at merlintec.com> wrote:

> This seems very reasonable. But since you know that you want this when
> creating the process it might be better to create a new process
> prototype, copy this method there and change it as you indicated it and
> then use this new prototype whenever creating a new process for a test.

This way does not work at all. Try it out, make a unchanged new prototype of
process.

Then use

| p |
p: selfUnitProcess copySend:
 message copy   receiver: 1
                Selector: even.
p resume waitForSuspension.

You will always run into a vm error.

So I looked closer to:

> some applications that need it can make use of the the
> 'onNonLocalReturn:' and 'onReturn:' methods in traits block.

Please correct me when I'm wrong, my understanding of 'onNonLocalReturn:'
is, that when at any time during the evaluation of the receiver block an
error occurs the evaluation will be aborted and the argument block will be
evaluated. Is this correct?

[1/0] onNonLocalReturn: ['nice try']

Brings up a debugger, not a string outliner.