Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at merlintec.com
Tue Jan 15 21:08:53 UTC 2002

Gordon Cichon write:
> So, I set up my own mailing list. Please come and join if you like to
> hear what I can contribute to the discussion. :-)

I don't think having two separate lists is a good idea. Of course, I
see that having control is very important. But Yahoo does have some
nice features like digests, web browsing, archives and searching.

It is possible to host "remote groups" at Yahoo (see Squeak, for
example) so you still have most features but get to manage the list
directly using Majordomo. The problem is that this is not
bidirectional, so everyone in the current list would have to
individually move over to yours (posting via Yahoo would no longer be
possible).

In the Majordomo FAQ I see that there is a gateway program for linking
your list to a newsgroup, but I don't see anything about another list.

What do the other list members think?