[self-interest] [Ann:] Self on windows

Harald Gliebe harald at gliebe.de
Sun Dec 8 21:11:49 UTC 2002

Diego,

it seems that the snapshot is really corrupt, it expects to find the
string 'String table' somewhere near the specified address in the
snapshot, but can't find it.
I just tried to download it myself and it worked for me, however I
noticed that the browser or webserver unpacked the gzipped file during
the download.
Could you run a md5 checksum over your snapshot to verify that the file
was correctly downloaded. I get

$ md5sum Demo.snap
5b2988f9805903a5a01f7da25a9ef5af  Demo.snap

and for completeness

$ md5sum Self.exe
03c46053ca6fb32a7f1835d492736904  Self.exe

Please tell me if the download hasn't worked for you, maybe I have to
change something with the webserver.

Btw, you should call Self on cygwin with -c flag (which disables
realtime signals, that are not yet completly implemented):

./Self -c -s Demo.snap

Best regards,

Harald