[self-interest] Unlimited integer arithmetics?

Randy Smith randall.smith at sun.com
Thu Aug 22 21:38:17 UTC 2002

> Do you thing that unlimited integer arithmetics is (from practical point of
> view) usable? Is not 64-bit integers good enough for every purpouses?

Coincidentally, I just did a calculation a few weeks ago whose answer was 10 ^ 3200.

Further coincidence: a friend yesterday bragged to me about how great Mathematica
is. Here is his note, sorry the context will be sensless to you but observe the
numbers:

__________ included e-mail from my friend  ______________