[self-interest] Unlimited integer arithmetics?

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at merlintec.com
Wed Aug 21 23:07:02 UTC 2002

On Wednesday 21 August 2002 14:42, Viktor wrote:
> Has standard implementation of Self unlimited integer arithmetics as
> Smalltalk?

Yes, we call them BigInts. They have an explicit slot for the sign,
unlike the common Smalltalk implementation of separate
LargePositiveIntegers and LargeNegativeIntegers. But they work just
like their Smalltalk counterparts.

> I'am new in Self and I have no port for Windows to simply watch it.

We need to fix this. If nobody else does a Win port by the end of this
century I will take care of this myself :-(

- Jecel