[self-interest] volunteer to try automatic refactoring tool for Self

Jonas Bosson jonas at illuminet.se
Tue Apr 16 10:36:15 UTC 2002

This is really cool!

I am a fan of lieterary programming, generating code from documentation,
rather than the opposite. Refactoring the document (=program) would mean
rebuilding the chapters/packages and tossing paragraphs around with the
code.

Since communicating the API or abilities of any package with developers
is the first hinder in reusing code, refactoring could be the bridge for
understanding by getting the matching descriptions.

Documentation constraints with refactoring between packages would make
it easier for developers to understand each others intents and
structures.

Does this make sense?

/Jonas

PS Though a fan of Self, I have not been able
to make much use of it in general applications yet,
so I will let others try out guru self. DS.