changing URL (was: Smalltalk implementation in Self)

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at merlintec.com
Sat Sep 15 23:25:34 UTC 2001

On Friday 14 September 2001 13:14,  Mario Wolczko wrote:
> Don't use this address!  The Sun Labs web site is now
> officially under research.sun.com, so the correct address
> should be
> http://research.sun.com/self/release/smalltalk.html.
> It appears that the address above takes you to an apparently
> identical page, but the link to the documentation does not work.

Thanks for the correction!

We have a real problem with changing web addresses for the main Self
page. Here are the references I found via Google:

   63 to self.smli.com
   160 to self.sunlabs.com
   294 to self.stanford.edu
   313 to www.sun.com/research/self

It takes time for people to find out about new addresses. I have seen
postings to discussion groups this year that give the self.stanford.edu
reference.

Perhaps we should adopt this page as the official starting point for
Self?

   http://www.objenv.com/cetus/oo_self.html

Even Egroups has changed to YahooGroups lately, so the above seems the
most stable entry point of all.