[self-interest] Being Popular

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at merlintec.com
Thu May 3 00:42:08 UTC 2001

On Wednesday 02 May 2001 02:50, Tripp Lilley wrote:
> For some reason, this seems germane to the thread about redesigning
> Self, and other language design issues we've discussed. It's a very
> good read, as are the rest of his papers posted there.

I agree with just about everything Paul Graham wrote, except the part
about macros. I mean, he is absolutely right that they were very
important for Lisp but I feel we should be thinking more graphically
and in terms of object graphs and message send patterns instead of
trying to make text a little prettier.

Thank you very much for the link - I had read another of his papers but
had missed this one.

-- Jecel