Info about Pep?

Stefan Matthias Aust sma at 3plus4.de
Sun Jan 21 23:40:52 UTC 2001

Hi!

I just learned about Pep, a Java to Self translator which was created in
1997 at Sun Research.  I found the paper very interesting.  Does anybody
know whether Pep is part of the current Self distribution or whether it is
freely available?  I'd to be able to study the Self code.

I'd also be interested in opinions how Pep relates to Parcplace's Frost
project which seems to have taken place at the same time.  Frost is a Java
source/bytecode to VisualWorks Smalltalk bytecode translator plus IDE for
Java 1.0.2. It was open sourced a few weeks ago.

bye
--
Stefan Matthias Aust  //  Bevor wir fallen, fallen wir lieber auf