[self-interest] On "Meta," with a trick question at the end.

David Ungar David.Ungar at Eng.Sun.COM
Wed Jan 17 06:01:12 UTC 2001

Well....if Randy is going to jump here, I could say that I agree with
him. It is all about
your purpose. For Self, we picked a set of things that were useful in
regular programs and
conceivably implementable, and encapsulation-respectiing, based on
our idea of what
object-oriented programming could be.

Then there was a bunch of other stuff that needed to be there for the
programming environment,
that took an object's destiny away from it. That seemed like the meta
stuff and went into the mirrors.

- Dave

--

     David Ungar