[self-interest] languages (was: Small announcement)

Steve Dekorte steve at dekorte.com
Thu Jan 4 19:48:23 UTC 2001

Jecel Assumpcao Jr wrote:
> I think that this list is the right place for discussions of Self-like
> languages like this...

I've been working on a project that uses a small language(Lua) that has
enough hooks to turn it into a prototype-based language. We've also
embedded it in an IE plugin for Windows.

The project site with demos is at http://www.yindo.com/.

I think the part that will be of most interest to this group is how we handled
the cloning problem - by setting a slot attribute that records how you want the
slot to be copied. I'm not sure if Self does this or not.
See: http://www.yindo.com/docs/OOP.html

Steve