[self-interest] is Self too hard?

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at merlintec.com
Wed Aug 15 00:26:22 UTC 2001

Albertina,

their text editor is probably a little more complex than the graphical
editor we implemented, and they had the extra complications of multiple
users.

What was interesting about their experience is that they found the real
problem with Self to be that it isn't really finished. The two trainees
who worked for me ran across the same problem: I knew where the "edges"
were and stayed away from them, enjoying Self for hours at a time with
no crashes. They would typically cause a very hard to recover error
every two or three things they did.