[self-interest] Class::Prototyped - Fast prototype-based programming in Perl

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at merlintec.com
Thu Aug 2 22:35:29 UTC 2001

One small step for Self, a giant leap for Perlkind! ;-)

Great job, guys.

On Thursday 02 August 2001 08:12, Toby Everett wrote:
> I see no reason why this same thing couldn't be done in other dynamic
> class-based object-oriented languages.  Basically, all one has to do
> is write a reflection system that uses the Self semantics and
> translates those into the native inspection system.

I am not sure about this. Most languages that are "loose enough" for
this kind of messing around are already prototype based (Lua, for
example). How would you do this in Smalltalk? I have no idea whether
Python or Ruby have the needed hooks.