ooops and Self-Stamtisch (was: SelFest)

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at merlintec.com
Thu Sep 28 15:20:08 UTC 2000

On Wed, 27 Sep 2000, Rafael Kaufmann wrote:
> Randy Smith wrote:
> >
> > Everything on this list was making great sense
> > to me, then suddenly .... I got confused!
> >

> Heh... Jecel probably intended to send a private reply to me, so he
> wrote it in Portuguese (I and he are both in Brazil). But, presumably,
> he clicked on the wrong "reply" button :)

Oh my... how silly of my to make this mistake. Actually, the way this
list is now set up there is no button you can press to send a private
reply. You have to manually edit the To: field and I thought I had done
that. Previously the list was configured so all replies were private
unless you pressed "reply to all", but people complained about getting
two copies of all replies so I changed it.

Anyway, since I sent it to the list I might as well make it readable:

This year it will be just one day and all presentations will be in
Portuguese. If it works out, then I hope to expand it next year and
have a part in English so we can invite people outside Brazil.

I wanted to schedule this close to Fealtec (the main event at
Oktobertech) so people could go to both events with one trip, but that
would make it overlap OOPSLA which isn't a good idea.

Speaking of events, Thorsten Dittmar wrote:

> is anybody interesting in a Self Stammtisch at OOPSLA?

This is a great idea, but try to avoid coinciding with the Squeak Birds
Of a Feather session (planned for Tuesday after the exhibits reception,
as far as I know).