[self-interest] Re: self on linux

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at merlintec.com
Thu Oct 26 16:46:56 UTC 2000

On Wed, 25 Oct 2000, Mike Daren wrote:
> I was wondering if you made any progress with the Linux port,
> I'd like to use Self on Linux, if it was available.

When it became obvious that it was at least a week long effort and that
I would not be able to use it for my class, I decided to postpone this
until after the presentation I will be giving tomorrow. So next week I
hope to finally dive in and do it.

> I'd be willing to help, but I don't know how helpful I could be :)

Looking back at the previous porting efforts, it seems there isn't much
that can be done over the internet. I'll post progress (or lack
of) reports when I restart the work.