The nature of music was Re: [Fwd: prototypical analysis and design]

Albertina Lourenci lourenci at lsi.usp.br
Wed Nov 22 18:19:19 UTC 2000

Günter Kniesel wrote:

Hi Gïnther:

                    Well if you are not worried in saving Mother Earth,
I am. I need OOP to build sustainable cities. I  know most computer
scientists prefer to build interplanetary stations when life on earth
will not be possible anymore. Please don't take this as aggressive,
but all my life orbits around this concern.
                        Otherwise,  the  brightest computer scientists seem
eager
to see the take-off of the prototype paradigm. And gracefully you made
public electronically all you do. I am asking for a grant to have facilities
that will enable me to make all that I do available at the Internet.
                         And above all I am an artist. I have just finished
writing
something about hermeneutics. Music is the most hermeneutic art.
So for me a discussion like the one I am proposing is like mimicking
a symphony. Why can't we play together?
                                In real music, specially contemporary music
dissonances are welcome. So why to get worried?  Musicians
say that dissonances are more difficult consonances.
                                I read through your response fast. I have to
go
swimming now as part of my health recovery. All the information
is my head is fuzzy, so I cannot agree or disagree if you said
delegation is better or not than patterns. As far as I know I have to
read at least your whole chapter 8 Applications (165-178) and
many more papers  about design patterns to conclude something.
You would help my poor brain to stay fit if you agreed in cooperating.
Please be gentle. There is no better way to learn than discussing and
making errors. Randy Smith made a good contribution to this through
his Distributed tutored video instruction. I loved it and it emphasized
the musical nature of Self.

As soon as I can, I will dialogue with you all about Günther's statements.

Best wishes

Albertina

--
| Albertina Lourenci                                       |