[self-interest] mango

David Ungar David.Ungar at Eng.Sun.COM
Tue May 30 16:53:51 UTC 2000

We certainly have such a version.
(It is more recent than what you have but will still need tweaking.)
Has mango ever been part of a previous release?
(It would make it easier to get permission if that were true.)

And, the reason to replace unixFile is for portability.
You should use os_file, which will work on any platform.

- Dave

At 6:17 PM -0300 5/29/00, Jecel Assumpcao Jr wrote:
>I am trying to load the Smalltalk emulator into Self 4.1.2 (I said I
>would get around to this one day ;-) but it needs Mango in order to
>generate the parser.
>
>The version I have is from 1992 and it include slot privacy
>declarations (which Self 4 doesn't understand) and an incompatible name
>space structure. Both problems are to work around, but first I thought
>I would ask if there are any newer versions available that fix these
>problems.
>
>BTW, I notived that Self 4.1.2 has replaced 'unixFile' with
>'unixGlobals os_file'. Any reason for that?
>
>-- Jecel

>Missing old school friends?  Find them here:

     David Ungar
     Sun Microsystems Laboratories
     (650) 336-2618