[self-interest] Re: nice job!

Jecel Assumpcao Jr. jecel at merlintec.com
Thu Mar 16 22:34:42 UTC 2000

David Ungar wrote:
> Since you asked, it was Randy Smith who conceived of and put together
> this tutorial.

I thought so. Congratulations (5 years too late :-) Randy!

On a related topic, where did the famous "3D buttons" now universally used in
GUIs come from? I have never seen it in anything older than ARK, so I have
always assumed that Randy invented it and everyone copied from him (though
NeXTStep, most likely). The "embossed text" thing was neat too.

> I believe he also had help from John Maloney and Lars Bak.

Now it looks like John could use a little help with Squeak... specially someone
with good taste in colors ;-)

Cheers,