[self-interest] Blocks: Summary

David Ungar David.Ungar at Eng.Sun.COM
Sun Jun 4 22:09:28 UTC 2000

Thanks, Jecel, for explaining this stuff.
If there are new bugs in the latest release (looking at method
objects or whatever)
please feel free to look at them and send me fixes, if you have time
and if it would help you.
Dru, I'm curious. What are you working on that you need to know this stuff?

Thanks

- Dave

At 2:54 PM -0700 6/4/00, Dru Nelson wrote:
>Thanks Jecel for the great Summary.
>
>The trick I was looking for was the read barrier when using blocks.
>Whenever they are about to be used as an argument for a message send,
>the 'push' instruction will bind a newly cloned block proto to the current
>method context (activation record).
>
>I was looking for something less expensive :)
>

>Dru Nelson
>San Mateo, California

>Best friends, most artistic, class clown Find 'em here:

     David Ungar
     Sun Microsystems Laboratories
     (650) 336-2618