[self-interest] Re: Announcing Self 4.1.2

Jecel Assumpcao Jr. jecel at merlintec.com
Mon Jan 31 22:46:40 UTC 2000

I have just downloaded it and have a 8 bpp window open on the Sun and a 16 bpp
window on my Linux machine sharing the same Kansas space. It's wonderful -
thanks!

At first the colors didn't come up right on the 16 bpp mode since it seems
there was a problem with the code I had sent. Lucky thing I was able to toy
around with code "live" while running a color changer morph and it was easy to
see the problem (the code expected 8 bit RGB components while paint object use
10 bits). This is the fix in traits paint:

   rgbFor16BitX = (   ((rawRed   >>  5) << 11)
                              ||  ((rawGreen >> 4) <<  5)
                              ||  (rawBlue    >>  5)
   ).

-- Jecel