[self-interest] Re: Self on Linux/PPC?

Jecel Assumpcao Jr. jecel at merlintec.com
Fri Jan 14 22:35:51 UTC 2000

Robert Kelley wrote:
> What would be involved in porting Self to Linux on the PowerPC platform?

Mostly just the right combination of parts from the MacOS port (which has the
PowerPC compiler) and the Sparc version (which runs on Solaris - a version of
Unix). You will probably run into the same problems Gordon is having with the
Intel Linux port - signal handling and other small differences between Solaris
and Linux.

> I have been interested in Self from the beginning and expect to be
> running
> Linux/PPC in the next few days.  I have been lurking here for some time
> but
> now I see a potential to contribute.

It would certainly be a good addition to the platforms for which Self is
available.