[self-interest] true color (was: solaris 2.5)

Jecel Assumpcao Jr. jecel at merlintec.com
Wed Jan 12 15:55:24 UTC 2000

David Ungar wrote:
> Gak!
>
> BTW, I have gotten Self to work with SPARC, 24-bit frame buffers.

He, he - it almost makes me feel ashamed of my "half a patch and run" tactic ;-)

> It would take a bit of work to update Self 4.1.1.
> I'm not sure how soon I can get around to it.
> Would anyone out there use this capability?
> (I'll try to factor the amount of demand into my schedule.)

It don't think it should be a priority right now, but once Self is running on
Linux it would become important since true color frame buffers are way more
popular on PCs than they are on Sparc machines.

Doesn't 4.1.1 run in true color mode on the Macs? That makes me very curious
about what the main complication was. My guess would be creating 1 bit masks
from pixmaps...