[self-interest] Re: i386 Port: Status

Dave Ungar David.Ungar at Eng.Sun.COM
Mon Jan 10 02:09:47 UTC 2000

Gordon,

Congrats on all the progress you have made!
The trapdoor stuff was just an optimization for the PPC, which
had limited branch spans.
I would not use them on Intel, unless you can go within the zone
much easier than you can get from the zone to an asm stub.

As for the signal handler function, I'm not sure I understand
what is in the VM vs. what your system is doing.

BTW: I have put in some time today getting Self to run on 24-bit SPARC
frame buffers. Fixed two bugs, but more remain.

- Dave