[self-interest] Re: remote GUI

Stefan Matthias Aust sma at 3plus4.de
Fri Feb 25 19:50:34 UTC 2000

At 18:54 22.02.00 -0300, you wrote:

>The problem is that there are several different Javas out there. When I
>write a program in Java, I limit myself to what will work on the Java
>included in the old Netscape or Internet Explorer that the user might be
>using.

If you require Sun's Java2 plugin, these problems fade away.  For a one
time download, I wouldn't bother to download the needed 6+ MB.  I also
think, that the latest AOL 5.0 CD also contain the Java2 JRE (runtime
environment) but I may be wrong.

And if you don't want to write Java code, what's about a Self->Java cross
compiler? :-)

bye
--
Stefan Matthias Aust  //  Bevor wir fallen, fallen wir lieber auf.