[self-interest] Re: Self Hack Weekend in S.F.

Jecel Assumpcao Jr. jecel at merlintec.com
Mon Feb 7 22:04:52 UTC 2000

Thorsten Dittmar wrote:
> What a kind of preparation can we do to make this weekend as productive as
> possible?

I have downloaded Gordon's old 4.0 effort as well as the sources for the 4.1.2
VM and am now starting to study them to see what will be involved in this port.
I am in the middle of upgrading my Linux box, but hope to have something to
report by the end of this week.

> How many people what to join us????? Anybody for South America?

As a friend pointed out, I could spend US$1088 (the best rate I found for an
air fare) on some courses and not learn nearly as much.

A X86 port has suddenly become much more interesting for me as it is very
likely that I will have to simplify the design for my first machine and use a
PC compatible CPU (National Geode - ex Cyrix MediaGX).

We shall see how this week goes. If I can get someting working, then there will
be no need to join you. If I can't, then it wouldn't help much for me to join
you. So it looks like I'll be staying here in either case...

-- Jecel