[self-interest] partial conclusions about design patterns

Toby Everett tua at everettak.org
Mon Dec 4 16:33:17 UTC 2000

> I feel attracted by the way Alexander reasons, but my real source of
> inspiration is the Finn architect Alvar Aalto who used words very rarely
> to explain things. But his work speaks for him. However Alexander
> insists on things that make me fly.
In a bizarre coincidence, there's an exhibit on Alvar Aalto at the library
that I need to go to (it just opened this past weekend).  Juhani Pallasmaa is
up here and has been making great comments about Anchorage's total lack of
taste, design, and thought when it comes to architecture.

--Toby Everett