[self-interest] Patterns in Self [was Re: delegation (was: prototypical analysis and design) ]

David Ungar David.Ungar at Eng.Sun.COM
Fri Dec 1 22:10:18 UTC 2000

Hi, guys!

Glad to see all the recent activity, even if I cannot keep up with reading it.

Double dispatch is fine by me, till I get a chance to build Us, that is.

Like your Bird quote, btw.

And, though the Mac version is a lot slower than SPARC, I've been
using it for years to do work.

I guess Linux looks good if you are stuck with Windows. I've been
using Unix since 1975 and I'm sure someone could do a much better
operating system based on different fundamentals than
byte-stream files, containment-hierarchy directory trees, and C. Not
that the world is going this way, though.

- Dave

--

     David Ungar
     Sun Microsystems Laboratories