[self-interest] Self on the Macintosh

David Ungar David.Ungar at Eng.Sun.COM
Thu Aug 17 05:13:53 UTC 2000

It would be GREAT if someone were to port the SIC to the Mac.
I just ran something that took 86 secs on my 500Mhz G3 and 6 secs on a SPARC.
You will have to deal with the SIC stack frames for conversion (back
to unoptimized code),
but should not have to implement on-stack replacement (unopt to opt),
that should be optional with the
SICReplaceOnStack flag (if I remember correctly).

Let me know if you undertake this. I will try to be available to
answer questions.

- Dave

--

     David Ungar