[self-interest] Re: Objects with dynamic slots

Stefan Matthias Aust sma at netsurf.de
Wed Sep 1 20:06:03 UTC 1999

>I got the following to work as you wanted.

Great.   However, I think, for mySelf, I'll stick with a single argument
#unknownMessage: slot that gets a Message object instead of that multi
argument monster of original Self.  I understand that they probably wanted
to omit the time to create the message transport object, but if you agree
that you cannot modify or store that object, you could preallocate one per
VM (thread).

>Anyway, while it is nice that this works at all, if you have a
>reflective implementation (hence the "R" in my upcoming Self/R)
>where you can get direct access to the message passing mechanism
>itself, then you can do these kind of things in a much more
>natural way.

How would you do it in Self/R?

>You might want to take a look at the Moostrap

I'll do.

bye
--
Stefan Matthias Aust  //  Bevor wir fallen, fallen wir lieber auf.