[self-interest] Self 4.1.1

Bharat Bedia bharat_bedia at CommerzbankZGE.com
Thu Nov 25 19:02:05 UTC 1999

Hi, I downloaded Self for SPARC from
http://self.sunlabs.com/release_4.1/release.html page.

After succesful unpacking and untar'ing, I made the Self and *.snap files
executables. When I run the "Self -s Demo.snap" I get the following
messages:-

        Welcome to the Self system!  (Version 4.0.2)

Copyright 1992-9 Sun Microsystems, Inc. and Stanford University.
See the LICENSE file for license information.

Type _Credits for full credits.

VM version: 4.1.10

"Self 54" connect: Connection refused
connect: Connection refused
No 'asSmallInteger' slot found in a paint.
UI step failed twice in Self 1(type: worldMorph) -- starting debugger in new
world
connect: Connection refused
connect: Connection refused
No 'asSmallInteger' slot found in a paint.
Can't start debugger in new world -- the UI is really broken!
You'll have to fix it outside the UI -- then type "desktop go".

This is the first time I'm trying out Self so I would really appreciate any
help.

cheers,

Bharat