[self-interest] Re: (export/import modules)

David Ungar David.Ungar at Eng.Sun.COM
Fri Nov 19 01:38:15 UTC 1999

Good point!
And you probably already know that the set module menu item is
available at the object
and category level: you don't have to do it slot-by-slot.

- Dave

At 12:30 PM -0200 11/18/99, Jecel Assumpcao Jr wrote:
>David Ungar wrote:
>>
>>  To export a module, you just need to file it out--
>>
>>  you can say "modules foo fileOut" or get the changedModules morph
>>  from the background
>>  menu, and if the module has been changed, click on it's "W" button.
>>  If the module has not been changed, the middle-button menu on the
>>  changed modules morph
>>  can give you an outliner of all modules.
>>
>>  To import a module, one way is to say 'dir/foo.self' _RunScript.
>>
>>  Hope this helps,
>>
>>  - Dave
>>
>>  At 9:17 PM +0100 11/17/99, mpato wrote:
>>  >          Hi everybody,
>>  >             Could anyone give me information to export/import modules
>>  >from a world to another?
>

>I would just like to add that for this to work, you have to mark
>all the things you want to be part of this module using the
>"set module" option in the middle button menu. The bankAccount
>tutorial included in the default Snapshot explains how to do this
>in step 8.
>
>-- Jecel

>Need a cure for the used car blues? iMotors pre-owned cars
>are: priced below Blue Book; fully tested & certified; &
>carry a 7 day/700 mile money back guarantee. Look no further
>iMotors.com is here! http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/1535

>-- http://www.egroups.com/VoiceChatPage?listName=self-interest&m=1

     David Ungar
     Sun Microsystems Laboratories