[self-interest] Re: Self on Linux (was: Self 4.1)

Thorsten Dittmar thorsten.dittmar at daedalos.com
Wed Nov 17 14:28:36 UTC 1999

Hi,

gordon cichon <gordo- at cichon.de> wrote:
original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/self-interest/?start=418

> IMHO, doing a Linux/i386 port of Self is particularly good coice
> because
> 1) Virtually everybody can install Linux on her PC and use Self.
> At most she has to buy a new harddisk but not a new Computer.
> 2) Linux users are the right audience for Self at the current
> stage because they tend to have a deeper technical knowledge and
> can track down and fix problems by themselves. Usually, Linux users
> have much less inhibitions to use a debugger than Windows or Mac
> users.
>
> Torsten, it would be a pleasure to meet you in person.

So what can we do? I have one maybe crazy idea, but maybe it is useful
to push the linux port. We can invent a self weekend in our rooms for
everybody who want to join us. We will take care for machines, food and
a place to sleep and every participant take care for his knowledge and
brilliance ;-)

What do you think about this?

Thorsten Dittmar

PS: This Millenium would be very nice, or not?