[self-interest] Re: self-interest digest

Mario Wolczko Mario.Wolczko at Eng.Sun.COM
Fri Nov 5 19:05:19 UTC 1999

Jecel wrote:

   Yes, I was talking about the Communications of the ACM article. It
   has been a while since I read it, but I had the impression that
   besides the infamous "Self 8 World" popping up with a debugger
   at the slightest UI bug, that you guys had added resources to debug
   most problems from the affected world itself.

   I thought you had an improved version over what was in 4.0. Since
   that isn't the case, I think I'll have a look at what can be done.
   It might be nice to remove the offending morph from the world and
   replace it with a robust proxy morph (one that is very hard to break
   and that would hold a reference to the original morph so we can
   get it back once it is fixed). This would work unless you have done
   something nasty to the worldMorph itself, or to traits morph.

All the stuff in  the CACM article is in 4.0, methinks, including
turning off stepping for morphs whose step method is broken.
The proxy idea is neat.
-Mario