[self-interest] Oz

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at tunes.org
Thu Nov 4 17:18:06 UTC 1999

Mario Wolczko wrote:

> Jecel wrote:
>
>    BTW, does 4.1 include the Oz debugging thing?
>
> If you mean the facility of Kansas that lets you debug one world from
> another, as described in our CACM article, then yes it does.  It was
> part of 4.0, too, btw.

Yes, I was talking about the Communications of the ACM article. It
has been a while since I read it, but I had the impression that
besides the infamous "Self 8 World" popping up with a debugger
at the slightest UI bug, that you guys had added resources to debug
most problems from the affected world itself.

I thought you had an improved version over what was in 4.0. Since
that isn't the case, I think I'll have a look at what can be done.
It might be nice to remove the offending morph from the world and
replace it with a robust proxy morph (one that is very hard to break
and that would hold a reference to the original morph so we can
get it back once it is fixed). This would work unless you have done
something nasty to the worldMorph itself, or to traits morph.