[self-interest] Re: Sparc 2 with Solaris 2.6

Jecel Assumpcao Jr. jecel at merlintec.com
Wed Dec 29 15:46:04 UTC 1999

> Does anyone know if Self will run appropiately on a Sparc 2, 64 MB RAM,
> Solaris 2.6?

John,

it should be usable on this configuration. All of the Sparc 2's I had access to
had 16MB (or less!) of RAM and so I wasn't able to see how much of a factor the
slow processor was. I did see the Voyager (Sparc 2 portable) running Self 4.0
and it seemed very reasonable. Of course, this was back in 1995 and the
definition of "reasonable" certainly has changed....