[self-interest] Re: speed

David Ungar David.Ungar at Eng.Sun.COM
Sat Dec 18 01:33:09 UTC 1999

I believe I did run it on a 64MB machine, by upping the amount of
virtual memory
in the memory control panel, to 128MB.

But that has nothing to do with your problems.
Could you say more about what you are trying to do and
when it is being slow?

Thanks

- Dave

At 5:33 PM -0800 12/17/99, Steve Dekorte wrote:
>David Ungar <David.Ungar at Eng.Sun.COM> wrote:
>>  That's plenty of memory.
>>  Did you have virtual memory enabled?
>
>Yes.
>
>>  Could you tell us more about your G3?
>>  What is its clock?
>
>I'll have to check, but I think it was 300Mhz or better.
>
>>  I have run Self on an original iMac and it seemed fine.
>
>I couldn't run it on a 64M iMac(not enough memory).
>
>Steve

>Sign up for Brodia's free online shopping service, you can find
>products, locate the lowest prices, and check out with a single
>click.  Enjoy special offers valued over $1,000.
>http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/2195
>

>eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/self-interest/

     David Ungar
     Sun Microsystems Laboratories