[self-interest] Re: Grammar changes - comments?

Randy Smith Randall.Smith at Eng.Sun.COM
Mon Aug 30 21:14:56 UTC 1999

I must also say that even after programming in Smalltalk for years, I never
missed not having cascades in Self. Maybe they just don't happen that
often?

At any rate, though they are a (possibly rare) convenience, having
cascades would further distance Self from the Java/C programmer. (I have
become of the opinion that some sort of pretty obvious syntax is almost
a necessity for a language's acceptance. Java passed this hurdle by
essentially re-using C/C++ syntax.)

	--Randy