[self-interest] Re: Grammar changes - comments?

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at lsi.usp.br
Mon Aug 30 19:45:17 UTC 1999

Using the "." for resends was a very unfortunate decision, and
your idea to replace it with "$" is a good one. I had suggested
using "::" since several other languages already use that for
similar purposes and Java (and Beta, in a negative way) showed
how important it is to have familiar elements in the syntax.

About the cascades, you would need a "dup" bytecode (but since
you already were going to add it anyway this is no big deal).
I have never missed it when programming in Self, however.