[self-interest] Re: Self hardware

riftweaver at hotmail.com riftweaver at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 2 17:08:41 UTC 1999

Yes, I think its cool too; I've not been able to do more than read
about Self, but having raided the old Sun site a few months ago, it
seems like a very clean and fun language. Also persused the old Merlin
stuff, and I am anxious to see what kind of system(s) you may produce.

Dave -- didn't you end up working on Sun's "HotSpot" Java compiler?

Jason Karney (jason at netgenics.com)

> Cool!
>
> - Dave
>
> >Hi, friends!
> >
> >I've been without internet access for the past couple of weeks and
> >am only now catching up with my email, including the discussions
> >on this list.
> >
> >I thought you might be interested to know that I am typing this
> >from the offices of "Merlin Computer Technology", the first
> >company dedicated to producing hardware implementations of Self.
> >We hope to be selling our first product (Merlin 6) by the
> >Christmas season - I can post some details about it if there is
> >interest.
> >
> >That doesn't mean that I have forgotten about software
implemetantions