[self-interest] Re: Self porting to Java VM

Diego Gomez Deck DiegoG at Crear.com.ar
Fri Oct 30 20:52:33 UTC 1998

> If you mean a version of Self that run on a normal Java VM, that is
> a very good idea any many people have written to me in the past
> suggesting that I do something like this. While I have gone in another
> direction, there certainly seems to be some demand for this. I don't
> know if you saw what the Python people did (called JPython - see
> http://www.python.org), but it will probably help spread that
> language a bit more.

The inspiration comes from JPython.  The JPython integration with Java classes is very interesting.

(|diego. gomez. deck|)

-----
See the original message at http://www.egroups.com/list/self-interest/?start=14