Would love to run Self, but...

Jon Howell jonh at cs.dartmouth.edu
Fri Oct 18 17:31:56 UTC 1996

Hi there. So I've been working hard to find a Sun on my campus that I
can run Self on. Unfortunately, the only thing I've come up with is
an IPX, I think, maybe a Classic -- haven't seen the box. uname -a gives:
"SunOS katahdin 4.1.2 1 sun4c". It has a meager 16M of RAM. (Yes, I know
it'll be unbearable even if I can get it to start.) But when I unpack it
and type "Snapshot" as per the directions, I get:

ld.so: warning: /usr/lib/libc.so.1.7 has older revision than expected 9
Segmentation fault

Self is in my path, and DISPLAY points to my X terminal. I borrowed
a libc.so.1.8, and put it in my LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but got the same
warning. I tried looking at the core (moved core/ so it could write
one :v), but there are no symbols in Self.

Can anyone give me a pointer as to what might be wrong?

Thanks much,
	--Jon

                            Jon Howell
                 jonh at cs.dartmouth.edu